Coffee Connections is a mixer and leadership development event - offering food, networking, and facilitated seminars/workshops/conversations aimed at strengthening diverse leaders and nonprofits by encouraging participants to build their social capital and engage in meaningful dialogue about diversity & inclusion issues in the workplace. It's a great opportunity for students, professionals, and nonprofit leaders to share insights, connect with peers, and develop new relationships.
Past Topics include:
- Coping with Racial and Social Injustice at the Nonprofit Workplace
- Unconscious Bias: A Mind Isn't Always a Terrible Thing to Waste
- Injustice Anywhere is a Threat to Justice Everywhere
- Keys to Creating an Inclusive Organizational Culture
- Strategies, Tools, and Tips to Support Aspiring Leaders of Color in the Social Sector
MIP's Courage-In-Conversations is an opportunity for students, professionals and business leaders to engage in dynamic discussions about race, ethnicity, diversity, equity, and inclusion. During the discussion, guests and community members are encouraged to express their views openly and truthfully, rather than defensively or with the purpose of laying blame. Integral to the conversations is an openness to learn.
The Nonprofit Equity Summit is a half-day conference designed to discuss the needs, obstacles, benefits, and opportunities for nonprofits to become diverse, inclusive, and equitable. Join leaders from the nonprofit community to share insights and ideas for a better social sector.
For more information about our special events: